It may seem hard to manage your mental health and relationships, but it doesn’t have to be. That's where we come in. Achieving balance in your life may seem complicated but it's easier than it looks. The therapists at Wellness Road Psychology know quite a bit about this and are here to help. We can help you take the guesswork out of these parts of your life so you can focus on the things you do best.
At Wellness Road Psychology, which has two locations in Dobbs Ferry, New York, and New York City’s Financial District, the therapists provide a safe and comfortable space for kids, adults, and couples to open up about their concerns and struggles with mental health. Their goal is to help people achieve fulfillment and overcome their obstacles. They understand that the prospect of therapy can seem intimidating to a new patient, and aims to help them feel relaxed upon entering the office.
Speaking of the office, it’s a modern, clean, and well-lit environment. Patients immediately feel at home and welcome in the waiting room, and even more so when they sit down for counseling. The team at Wellness Road Psychology engage patients, but keeps them relaxed and don’t make them leave their comfort zone until they’re ready. It’s essential that patients work at their own pace.
Here are some of the issues we work on with people:
- Anxiety, stress, and panic;
- Body image, food, and eating issues, from a size acceptance perspective;
- Career transitions, cultivating creativity, and issues related to being an entrepreneur;
- Chronic pain;
- Gender identity issues;
- Grief and loss;
- Healing difficult family relationships (mom, dad, and sibling issues);
- Consultation with parents responding to a teen or young adult who is coming out about sexual or gender identity;
- Insomnia and sleep issues
- Internet, technology and social media issues, including managing the pressure of online celebrity;
- Life transitions;
- Personal growth;
- Procrastination and avoidance;
- Relationships, dating, and sexual concerns
The compassionate, empathetic, and down-to-earth demeanor of the providers at Wellness Road Psychology encourages patients to be open during their therapy sessions. They specialize in new and innovative therapy techniques like cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) for depression, anxiety, attention deficit disorder (ADD), post-traumatic stress disorder, and simply working through life events. They use the latest, state-of-the-art treatments that are based on and backed by credible research.
Mental health is intertwined with physical health and vice versa. Hit the road, with Wellness Road Psychology. Sign up for a free consultation or session with one of our expert therapists today!